Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First group lesson!


January 27, 2009
Hi again. Today, I went to a coarse with some other people from my school! Nicole came with me today, and we were in the same group. I know some of the other people, but not many. Here is the building we went to.


I learned about the Ring of Fire. The ring of fire is an area of frequent earthquakes and volcanic eruptions of the Pacific Ocean. It is in a 40,000 km horseshoe shape, and is associated with series of oceanic trenches, volcanic arcs, volcanic belts, and plate movements. The tour also told me all about Japan's location in the world. It is in the Northern Hemisphere, and it is in the region of Asia. Tokyo (Japan's Capital City) is 36° North, and 138° East. It's neighbouring countries are North Korea, South Korea, China, and is a little close to Russia and Taiwan. Japan seems like a big part of the world's history! I will talk you more tomorrow about the amazing trip.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment