Thursday, January 22, 2009

The first tour!

January 26, 2009
Hello! I went on a tour, and I learned about some of Japan's Geography. Japan is made up of four main islands. There names are Hokkaido, Honshu (the largest), Shikoku, and Kyushu. Here is a map that I found of Japan.
I also found out about Japan's forests. Shirakami Sanchi means "mountains of white god." It is located in the northernmost part of the Honshu Island, the biggest island in Japan. It covers 320,000 acres of hills and mountains. That is alot of land! The northern part of the Honshu Island used to be covered with vast forests of Beech Trees. The island is mountain-shaped, located 37 miles to the south from the southernmost cape of Kyushu Island with a population of 14,000. The entire popultion of Japan is approxomatly 127,288,416.

The Mountains are spectacular! Here are the most popular ones. Mount Fuji, annually visited by hundreds of thousands, 3776 m in height, Mount Kita-dake, which is 3193 m tall, Mount Hodaka-dake, which measures 3190 m, Mount Warusawa, which has a height of 3141 m, and Mount Akaishi-dake which has a height of 3120 m. I got to see Mount Fuji today, it is the most beautiful mountain I have ever seen in my life! There was a little bit of fog at the top, which made it look like it was touching the sky. It looks very beautiful, even from the bottom!

The oceans I learned about are Japan Sea - A marginal sea of the western Pacific Ocean bounded on the east by the Japanese islands, and the west and southwest by Korea, Okhotsk Sea - A marginal sea on the northern rim of the Pacific Ocean centered near 55 N and 150 E, and the Pacific Ocean (which I already know about)- covers more than 166 million square kilometers (more than 64 million square miles) - about one-third of the earth's surface. I learned so much today, I could barely keep up with writing my notes! Anyway, I'll tell you more later.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment